Saturday, March 28, 2015

Another Montana sapphire!

I have to admit the more I deal with these all American sapphire's the more enthralled I am by their beauty,some of them have an ethereal glow in the rough state that I've seldom seen in other sapphire's.
The beauty of these stones is very hard to capture with a digital processor but the human eye does perceive the subtle color play - no wonder they are in such high demand lately.
If you only like the rich royal blue of Kashmir or Ceylon sapphires then these gems are not for you but if you appreciate the exquisite mix of colors and subtle color shift of these all natural unheated gems then I doubt you would be disappointed in one of these beauties!

Pictured below is another two pictures of the 7.4ct very clean well shaped piece I'll be cutting soon as well as a smaller very clean 5.7ct stone which will yield around a 7mm square.
The hand shot clearly shows the beautiful blue/green of the stone,all were shot in natural subdued,indirect sunlight.








Custom cut gems

No comments:

Post a Comment